Sunday, January 16, 2011

Comments

So, to you discerning few who read my drivel, particularly to you, Leslie, who wrote to me back in September re: Constitution Day, [don't I wish that I could find publishers who'd want to pay me to write & illustrate the books you suggest. meanwhile, do look at this site and David Catrow's wonderful We the Kids let me tell you that, being a tech-boob, it is only very, very recently that I have discovered where your comments end up, somewhere where I can see them [if I have the wits to look] but you cannot. Do I understand how this happens? Nope. Now I've seen many another blog where readers' comments are actually appear beneath the verbiage upon which they have commented. I doubt we'll be seeing that here.
And, not so by the way, it was on this day in 1902 that Eric Liddell was born. A remarkable fellow, whose accomplishments were portrayed, depicted, & celebrated in the completely terrific film, Chariots of Fire. If you've seen it, do see it again; that's what I'm going to do, by golly, this very week. If you haven't, how much you've missed. And it's the great Ethel Merman's birthday. Andrew Wyeth's deathday, too, God rest him. Two years, earth-time, he's been off in the Blue Beyond.


No comments:

Post a Comment