Friday, February 25, 2011

"All the world is birthday cake, so take a piece, but not too much."

George Harrison, b. 25 Feb 1943 on Enrico Caruso's birthday

So, it's a Beatle birthday, therefore lucky so I made it home today from over in north central Missouri, in Moberly, where I presented six assemblies yesterday to 3rd, 4th, & 5th graders. I passed at least a dozen cars and two overturned semis that had gone off the road into the white. What fun those presentations were. The kids were great and here I am home again, home again, safe & sound... as sound as I've ever been anyway. Years & years ago - 2014 will make fifty years since the night in February when the Beatles first appeared on the Ed Sullivan show. I lived with my poor sad mom & furious dad, my three little brothers & baby sister just a block away from where I'm sitting here typing about how much, how deeply I loved the Beatles from the very first moment. They were THE joyful part of my dorky, doofy, abysmal 13-year-old life. Oh George Harrison. Oh John, Paul, & Ringo. Bless 'em forever & I thank 'em forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment